What are the features you should look for when choosing a mask?
When categorizing masks, it is necessary to look at two different aspects as personal protective equipment and medical devices. Dust masks and gas masks are considered as personal protective equipment / occupational safety materials, while surgical masks and face masks are considered as medical devices.
Personal Protective Equipment/Occupational Safety Materials: Things to Consider When Choosing Dust Mask and Gas Mask;
1. It should be noted that it is produced in accordance with the personal protective equipment regulations.
2. It must be approved by the notified body. The four-digit code of the notified body must be searched for in the declaration of conformity.
3. It must bear the CE certificate. The dust mask or gas mask must have passed the test and analysis processes according to the EN standard.
4. It should be noted that the category is specified.
5. Companies that sell work safety materials and work clothes that are considered to be safe should be preferred.
7. There must be a filter system. This filter provides easier breathing even though the person has a mask on his face.
8. If the price of the mask is high, the opinion that it is of good quality should be avoided.
9. It should be noted that the percentage is designed to remain constant.
10. The mask should be preferred according to the performance level so as not to disturb the person when worn over the preferred work clothes.
Medical Device: Things to Consider When Preferring Surgical Mask and Face Mask;
1. It should be noted that it is produced in accordance with the medical device regulation.
2. The risk it carries can be presented to the market with a declaration. Approval of the notified body is required for Class II and Class IIR products to be placed on the market.
3. It must bear the CE certificate. Regardless of the class, the test and analysis processes must be completed and the CE mark must be placed on the product box.
4. Pharmacies that are considered to be safe, medical company vendors, work safety equipment and companies selling work clothes should be preferred.
5. It must be made of tear-resistant three-layer nonvoven fabric.
6. Wire tongs should be used to fix the nose part in the middle of the mask.
7. In order for the mask to be attached to the ears, the length of the rubber on both sides must comply with the relevant EN standard and the joints must be durable.
8. Attention should be paid to ultrasonic stitching.
9. It should not have an irritating odor.
10. If the price of the mask is high, the opinion that it is of good quality should be avoided.
If you also care about the health and safety of yourself, your loved ones and your employees, use a cloth mask, surgical mask, dust mask, gas mask in accordance with its purpose. You can procure the work clothes and work safety materials you want from our Izmit, İkitelli, Gebze, Dudullu-Ümraniye work clothes stores and the address kardelentekstil.com for all work clothes, work shoes and work safety equipment.